Evelyn Elaine Louise "Lynn" Atherton (nee Newman) (born 19 July 1946) is a retired physiotherapist currently living in Kelowna, British Columbia.
Her older sister's middle name "Hugheen" commemmorated Ruth's brother Hubert Coulter who died in WWII. Lynn's name "Evelyn" is a commemoration of Ruth's other brother Everett Coulter who also died in WWII.
Marriage and family
Lynn married Mike Atherton and drove across Canada to settle in British Columbia with him. She decided to retain her maiden name since her mother had no sons.
From about 1994 to present as of 2019 she lives with her husband at 769 Young Road in Kelowna.
They had four children:
- Alexander Edward "Alex" Newman Atherton (born 8 September 1977)
- Vanessa Lynne Newman Atherton (born 21 February 1980)
- Andrew Michael Newman Atherton (born 23 October 1981)
- Stephen Charles Newman Atherton (born 4 January 1984)
Andrew married Monique Labelle (born 9 August 1977) on 28 July 2007 and had four children:
- Benjamin Andrew Atherton (born 28 May 2005)
- Holly Michelle Atherton (born 9 August 2008)
- Bridget Ruth Atherton (born 30 August 2010)
- Dominic Laurence Atherton (born 25 July 2012)
Alex married Samantha Gray on 19 August 2016 and adopted her two daughters.
Stephen is not married and has no issue.