Megan Ruth Kenzie (born 21 March 1977) is a Canadian elementary school educator.
According to her mother, her two favourite things at age two were “reading books and playing in the dirt”! (Interestingly, in her future career as a teacher, she has worked both in library and outdoor education!)
- Speyside Public School, Halton Hills Ontario, for Grades K-8 (1982-1989)
- Acton High School, Acton Ontario, for Grades 9-13 (1989-1994)
- McMaster University, Hamilton Ontario, BA (Anthropology) (1996-1999)
- Brock University, Hamilton Ontario, Bachelor of Education (1999-2000)
On 21 July 2000 she married Jonathan Arthur “Jon” Vernon. They make their home in Scarborough, a suburb of Toronto.
She enjoys reading and gardening (as predicted by her mother many years ago!) She loves the outdoors, especially hiking, canoeing, camping, and participates in wilderness education courses through the P.I.N.E. Project in Toronto.
- Peel District School Board - Elementary Teacher (2000-2002)
- Toronto District School Board - Regent Heights PS - Elementary Teacher Librarian (2003-2012) and Full Day Kindergarten (2013-2019).
- Megan is qualified as a “Forest and Nature School Practitioner”, from Forest School Canada.