Sandra Hugheen Kenzie (nee Newman) (born 5 August 1944) is a nurse and mother living in Speyside, Ontario.
Sandra was given an uncommon middle name, "Hugheen", by her mother Ruth, to commemorate Ruth's brother Hubert Coulter, who had been killed in action in the European theatre of World War II, the previous year on 7 May 1943.
Her first home was a flat at 1944 Gerrard Street East, Toronto. She and her family moved several times during her childhood:
- 1945, to a house on Sunderland Street, in the Leaside neighbourhood of Toronto
- 1950, to a house Appleby Street in the Islington neighbourhood of Etobicoke, Ontario. (Etobicoke became part of the amalgamated city of Toronto in 1998).
- 1955, to #9 Chelford Street in the Don Mills neighbourhood of Toronto.
Education and Career
Sandra attended ** Public School, Rippleton Road Public School, and Don Mills Collegiate High School, where she graduated in 1962.
She completed a Nursing program at the University of Toronto from 1962-1966. She lived in the U of T Co-op Residence in 1963. She worked at Sick Children's Hospital as a pediatric nurse, and as an instructor for U of T nursing students.
Marriage and family
Sandra married James Bryan "Jim" Kenzie (born 3 April 1945) on 2 October 1970, at Casa Loma in Toronto, Ontario. They lived in Leaside, Toronto from 1970-1975. In 1975 they moved to rural Milton, near the former village of Speyside.
Sandra and Jim have four children:
- Megan Ruth (born 21 March 1977)
- Meredith Louise (born 20 February 1980)
- Laura Virginia (born 19 December 1983)
- Patrick James (born 15 July 1987)
Megan married Jon Vernon (born 23 May 1969) on 21 July 2000. No issue.
Meredith married Jonathan Van Viegen (born 3 January 1976) on 27 June 2009. They have two children:
Patrick has a long-time, live-in girlfriend, Alison Ward (born 28 April 1989). No issue.