Mary Jane Carrick
Mary Jane Carrick (nee Day) (18 October 1875 - 20 January 1947) was the wife of J.J. Carrick and the eponym of Mariday Park, it being a portmanteau of her first and maiden names. For some reason, on Wikipedia as of 2019, Mary Jane's name is misspelled as "Mary June".
Marriage and family
She had three sons, Jack, Don, and Alex, all of whom attended St. Andrew's College at the University of Toronto, and were successful athletes and stockbrokers.
Mary Jane was a golfer, appearing in the Toronto Star as "Captain" of the Scarboro ladies' team in 1933 
Mary Jane Carrick died 20 January 1947 and was buried in her hometown of Simcoe, at Creemore Union Cemetery, Simcoe, Ontario.